Do you need relief from stress or anxiety? Do you have chronic pain? Does it feel like something is off or out of balance?
What is Reiki?
- Reiki means universal life force energy and it was founded by Dr. Mikao Usui in Japan near the beginning of the 20th century.
- Reiki is an energy modality that can reduce stress and promote relaxation and healing. It is administered by laying hands on the body or it can be done hands-off and is based on the idea that an unseen “life force energy” flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If your “life force energy” is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy.
- Healing energy isn’t directed by the practitioner, they act as a conduit.
- Reiki isn’t a replacement for modern medicine, rather it is complementary and noninvasive.
- Anyone can reap the benefits of Reiki including people, animals and plant life.
- Reiki is not affiliated with any religion and we respect all faiths and beliefs.
What to expect from my Reiki healing session?
“In a standard treatment Reiki energy flows from the practitioners handsd into the client. The client is usually laying on a massage table but treatments can also be given while the client is seated or even standing. The client remains fully clothed. The practitioner places their hands on or near the clients body in a series of hand positions. These include positions around the head and shoulders, the stomach, and feet. Other, more specific positions may be used based on the clients needs. Each position is held for three to ten minutes depending on how much Reiki the client needs at each position. The whole treatment usually lasts between 45 and 90 minutes.
Most of the time a person will feel relaxed and uplifted by a Reiki treatment. However, sometimes a person will have what is called a healing crisis. As a person’s vibration goes up, toxins that have been stored in the body will be released into the blood stream to be filtered by the liver and kidneys and removed from the system. When this happens, sometimes a person can get a headache or stomach ache or feel weak. If this happens, it is a good idea to drink more water, eat lighter meals and get more rest. The body is cleansing as part of the healing process so this is a good sign.” source: https://www.reiki.org/faqs
Ayurvedic Abhyanga Treatments Available
“There is no greater expression of self-love than anointing ourselves from head to toe with warm oil—this practice is called Abhyanga. A daily Abhyanga practice restores the balance of the doshas and enhances well-being and longevity.
The Sanskrit word Sneha can be translated as both “oil” and “love.” It is believed that the effects of Abhyanga are similar to those received when one is saturated with love. Like the experience of being loved, Abhyanga can give a deep feeling of stability and warmth.
A daily Abhyanga practice restores the balance of the doshas and enhances well-being and longevity. Regular Abhyanga is especially grounding and relaxing for Vata dosha imbalances, but everyone can benefit from this practice.” https://chopra.com/articles/the-benefits-of-ayurveda-self-massage-abhyanga
Benefits of Abhyanga
- Nourishes the entire body—decreases the effects of aging
- Imparts a firmness to the limbs
- Lubricates the joints
- Increases circulation
- Stimulates the internal organs of the body
- Assists in elimination of impurities from the body
- Moves the lymph, aiding in detoxification
- Increases stamina
- Calms the nerves
- Benefits sleep—better, deeper sleep
- Enhances vision
- Makes hair (scalp) grow luxuriantly, thick, soft and glossy
- Softens and smoothens skin
- Pacifies Vata and Pitta and stimulates Kapha
Short film about Reiki: