Do you need relief from depression, stress or anxiety? Do you have chronic pain? Does it feel like something is off or out of balance?
What is Reiki?
- Reiki means universal life force energy and it was founded by Dr. Mikao Usui in Japan near the beginning of the 20th century.
- Reiki is an energy modality that can reduce stress and promote relaxation and healing. It is administered by laying hands on the body or it can be done hands-off and is based on the idea that an unseen “life force energy” flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If your “life force energy” is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy.
- Healing energy isn’t directed by the practitioner, they act as a conduit.
- Reiki isn’t a replacement for modern medicine, rather it is complementary and noninvasive.
- Anyone can reap the benefits of Reiki including people, animals and plant life.
- Reiki is not affiliated with any religion and we respect all faiths and beliefs.
What to expect from my Reiki healing session?
Welcome to our healing space! Now that you are here we will spend the first 10 to 15 minutes discussing what Reiki is and answer any questions you might have. It is completely up to you if you want to discuss why you decided to make an appointment. We are here to listen if you wish to share.
Once your consultation is complete you will get on the table, fully clothed. You will be asked if you prefer hands on or hands off healing and then then you will be shown which areas of the body will be worked on and if there is a place that you are not comfortable addressing we will avoid it.
After you are 100% comfortable on the table, the session will begin. The lights will be dimmed and soft music will be played in the background. You can set an intention at this point before you begin to rest. Your practitioner will make every effort to make sure you are comfortable so we ask that you speak up if you are feeling any pain or need something adjusted.
After 50 minutes of Reiki you will be brought back gently into the present moment, taking all the time you need before sitting together to discuss your experience. You can choose to share as much or as little as you wish. We will then provide you with after care instructions.
Ayurvedic Abhyanga Treatments Available
Ayurvedic Oil Application Foot-Padabhyanga-Therapeutic oils are applied to help relax tired feet. Warm applied to the feet prevents dryness, cracks, and roughness of the skin and it may help with numbness, fatigue, sciatica, headaches and back pain.
Ayurvedic Oil Application Hand & Arm-Hasta Abyhanga -Therapeutic oils are applied to help relax tension in the hands and arms, which may help with headaches and neck pain. We have a gown for you to wear during your session.
Ayurvedic Oil Application Head, Neck & Shoulders-Shiro abhyanga-Therapeutic oils are applied to help relax tension, which may help with headaches and neck pain. All oil treatments my help, on a subtle level, to relieve racing thoughts and anxiety: however, when oil is applied to the various energy points (marmas) on the head we can potentially address many mental health conditions more efficiently for quicker results. We have a gown for your to wear during your session.
A Castor Oil Pack is made by soaking flannel cloth in castor oil, placing it on the skin and heating the pack using a hot water bottle or hot towels which can hold its heat for a prolonged period of time. Castor Oil Packs are known to enhance circulation and promote the healing of tissue underneath the skin. It can be placed on the abdomen, lower back, specific joints or any other areas of concern. During the treatment, the client lies comfortably on the Reiki table, while the therapist first dry brushes the area to increase lymphatic circulation and then places the castor oil pack on the area of concern. The client is given their pack to bring home along with instructions on how to do the treatment at home.
Short film about Reiki: